My name is Roxanne Bilski and I am Miss District of Toronto World 2018.
A Little Bit About Me
I am proudly Polish-Canadian, born and raised in Chatham, Ontario and now living and working in downtown Toronto.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice and Public Policy, graduating with honours in 2015, and a Masters degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice Policy from the University of Guelph, graduating in February 2016.
Throughout my university career, I was a competitive cheerleader, volunteered as a student mentor, and worked as a teaching assistant for several undergraduate political science courses.
With an interest in law and politics, I aspire to be a policy analyst.
Five Fun Facts!
(1) Living a healthy and active lifestyle is very important to me. I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, horseback riding, running, boxing, spinning, and hot yoga.
(2) I am an avid traveller, having visited 11 countries, and counting! Some of the countries I’ve travelled to include Austria, Hungary, Germany, Holland, Poland, Portugal, England, France, and Italy.
I am keen to explore, meet new people, try new foods and immerse myself in diverse cultures.
Next destinations on my mind? I would love to travel to Iceland, Australia, Bali, and Thailand.
(3) I have an older sister who lives in Budapest. Although we are separated by the Atlantic Ocean and a 7-hour flight, we are like two peas in a pod. We chat with one another every day, whether it’s via text, sending photos over Snapchat, or Facetiming, which makes the distance much easier. My sister is a very influential person in my life. I admire her because she is ambitious, brave, intelligent, kind and an inspiring role model.
Side by side or miles apart, sisters will always be connected by heart.
(4) Both of my parents and my sister immigrated from Poland to Canada. I was born in Chatham, Ontario and am first-generation Canadian. My parents made their best effort to uphold our culture and traditions. Polish is my first language and the primary language spoken in my home. Growing up, I attended a Polish Catholic church and was a member of the church choir. I also went to Polish school on the weekends, and was a part of a Polish Scouting and Guiding Association called ZHP, similar to girl guides or scouts. My heritage is very important to me and my family is something that I value most.
(5) I love to cook and try new recipes. Some of my favourite meals to make include baked eggs in avocado for breakfast, zucchini noodle pasta for lunch, and stuffed chicken breast with spinach, tomato, and brie for dinner. YUM!
Next Stop… Miss World Canada!
I am beyond excited to be competing for the national Miss World Canada pageant in Toronto at the end of July. To me, winning the title of Miss District of Toronto World 2018 at the provincial qualifier and advancing to the national Miss World Canada pageant is truly an honour. I am honoured to represent my hometown of Chatham-Kent, my current city of Toronto, the Polish-Canadian community, and the province of Ontario at the national Miss World Canada pageant at the end of July. Being a titleholder means representing my title with the best attributes I possess, including my confidence, courage, strength, hard work and determination, honesty, kindness and generosity. I can’t wait to make everyone proud and to be a positive female role model and leader in my community.
Thank you for reading my first blog post and don’t forget to…
Follow my Journey to Miss World Canada